Hi There Again.
It’s already day 3 of being featured on the Growing in Unity blog. Today I am sharing only one card, but it’s a Gatefold card that is perfect for a little surprise inside. You’ll see in a second what I am talking about.
Here are the supplies I used:
- 8.5″ x 5.5″ Heavy Card Base Card Stock (scored at 2.125″ and 6.375″)
- Black Card Stock
- Turquoise Card Stock
- Black Copic Friendly Ink
- Versa Fine Onyx Black
- Clear Embossing Powder
- 1/8″ double sided tape
- Heat gun
- Foam Squares
- Masking Paper
- Catherine Pooler Ink: It’s a boy
- Blending Brush or Blending Foam
- Copic Markers: R29, R08, E00, E27, E21, BG32, BG11, E44, E40, E72, E70, BV01
- Cloud Stencil or tree dies
- Taylored Expressions Gatefold Reveal dies
- Wakely Girl Stamp from Unity
- Empowered Words Stamp from Unity
- Spark Stamp from Unity
Here is today’s card:
When you open the gatefold card, a message is revealed when the window opens.
Let’s get started: Front of the card
- Stamp your girl on the front of the card.
- Stamp the image again onto masking paper and fussy cut it
- Cut a piece of purple tape and tape the card down to your work area right at the fold. It should looks like the picture below
- Put the mask over the image on the front of the card
- Take your cloud stencil (If you don’t have one, cut out some trees with your dies and use the top of the trees as a mask for the clouds). Place your cloud stencil or your tree die-cut at the top of the card stock and start blending from left to right or vice versa. Move your stencil down a little and repeat until you’ve covered the whole side of this gatefold. Use a light hand when blending.
- Repeat step 3 & 5 on the other side of the gatefold.
- You can now remove your mask and color the image. See a list of Copic colors in the Supplies Needed section above.
At this time you can proceed to stamp the sentiment on the other side of the gatefold. I used VersaFine ink and a sentiment from the Spark Stamp Set. I then used clear embossing powder and heat set it.
Let’s work on the inside of the card:
After die cutting the turquoise window panel with the Taylored Expressions Gatefold die, I cut two of the black Flag looking die cuts. There is a little fold line that shows where to fold the flags. Make sure to fold them inside and put 1/8″ double sided tape on the outside of the folds.
Place foam tape only in the areas highlighted below and adhere it into the middle of your card inside.
Now move the black flags under the window with the fold up. Center the flag vertically and fold the fold over the turquoise card stock, take the tape off and close the card. Press down firmly. One flag should now move as you open and close the gatefold. Repeat the process to adere the other flag as well. Then stamp a sentiment into the window when the card is fully open. I used a sentiment from the Empowered Words Stamp Set.
I hope you enjoyed this card. Don’t forget to leave me a comment for a chance to win some Unity Stamps. I’ll be back tomorrow with masculine cards.