Hello and welcome. Today I want to introduce you to the Split Negative Technique. Here are some of the items you will need:
- Two different colors of card stock (light and dark) cut down to 1/4 of a page (I used black and white in my example)
- A large stamp or a stamp that would look good in the center of a card
- Embossing powder (you want the color to match your card stock)
- Embossing Magic & VersaFine Stamp Pad
- Heating tool
- Some type of card stock to use for the background (I used metallic blue)
- Foam tape (optional)
Let’s get started. Stamp your image onto the light colored card stock and emboss onto the darker card stock with a powder that matches the light card stock. I chose black and white as my colors.
Once you have this part completed, cut one of the images in half. It does not really matter which one you decide to cut.
Then align the cut card stock with the image on the other image. You can use tape or glue to adhere it, whichever you prefer.
Once you have aligned and glued or taped the card stock together, cut the finished piece so all edges are straight. Then cut your background card stock to size.
Then decide what sentiments you want to use and cut them out for the card. Here are the sentiments I decided to use:
Then assemble the card with all your pieces and use foam tape to adhere either your image or your sentiments (whichever you prefer). I also used a white textured card stock for my background on the card.